HKUST ENVF-INA/LMA Joint Laboratory on Environment was established at HKUST with University of Zaragoza in September, 2018 with the objectives of:
- Enabling HKUST and INA/LMA researchers to access state-of-the-art equipment needed advance knowledge in their field of research;
- Leveraging funding from Hong Kong and Europe to support collaborative research;
- Enhancing research competitiveness;
- Enabling short term exchanges of personnel and researchers for short-term research stay; and
- Promoting diversity where HKUST can recruit talents from Europe and South America through established network of INA/LMA, while similarly INA/LMA can outreach to Asia through HKUST.
The Joint Laboratory also provides a platform to share key materials, equipment and facilities for material characterization and safety assessment of advanced functional nanomaterials and environmental samples.